Err_Cache_Miss android and window is an issue related to cache-related problems that can occur in Android and Chrome. If you are also coming across this message, the browser is likely directing you to submit or re-enter some information. Although the Err_Cache_Miss error may seem frustrating and confusing, it is an entirely solvable error.
- 5 Reasons Behind The Err_Cache_Miss Error
- How To Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error For Android And Windows? [7 Solutions]
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
5 Reasons Behind The Err_Cache_Miss Error
There can be multiple reasons behind this server not responding error discussed below:
1. Cache Files
This error will occur if the browser cannot obtain the cache files from the site accessed.
2. Extensions Issues
If your browser or its extensions are suffering from inefficiencies, corruptions, or bugs, there are high chances of this error.
3. PHP Issues
Sometimes, this error occurs from The website’s end as it may suffer from PHP issues or incorrect coding.
4. Applying the Wrong Codes
Sometimes, the developers encounter this error when the wrong codes are applied to test a website or application. It can occur both for Chrome and Android.
5. Other Issues
As a noncommercial user, anyone can encounter this error while aiming at accessing even a popular website like Facebook.
This error can also occur for a Chrome user submitting or completing a form. This error may occur if the back/forward buttons are pressed too quickly or too often.
How To Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error For Android And Windows? [7 Solutions]
You can use the following methods to fix the Err cache miss ERROR. Err_Cache_Miss Fix Android and window error by following the steps given below,
1. Reloading The Webpage
The most basic fix you can apply is to “hard reload” the current web page. In this way, you convey the browser to download the specific web page repeatedly.
This prevents the browser from using the cached latest web page version, which is the source of the Err_Cache_Miss error. Perform a “hard reload” in Chrome as follows:
- Press the “Ctrl” and the “F5” keys on your keyboard.
- ·Press the “Ctrl” key and hold down the browser reload icon.
For Mac users, the following steps will do:
- Press the “Shift,” “Command,” and “R” keys simultaneously.
- Now Press “Shift” and press the browser to reload the icon.
Restarting the Chrome
Restarting or resetting chrome web browsers can fix Err_Cache_Miss Error for android and window errors, as continuing will result in the termination of the current task. Restarting will fix the issue if your current job is causing the Err_Cache_Miss Error. If you are using Chrome, follow the steps described below:
- Open the browser window
- You will find the X button located in the top-right corner of the window; press this button
- Press the Option-Command-Esc keys or
- Write the command *sudo killall Google Chrome.”
2. Clearing the Browser Data
The browser cache error can also result from accumulated corrupted files. Hence, clearing the browser data is another crucial step to resolving the issue. Follow as described below:
- Open the Google Chrome Browser settings menu.
- Hover over the Privacy and Security option
- A menu panel will open where you will select Clear browsing data
- In the window that pops up next, select all three options, including Cookies, Browsing history, Cached images and files, and other site data.
- Hit the Clear data tab
- After clearing the browser data to refresh the browser
3. Disabling the Browser Extensions
Another primary reason leading to the Err_Cache_Miss Error is that extensions installed by the user are either corrupted or interfering with the browser’s ability to connect and load a specific web page.
To check this potential cause, disable all the browser extensions and then see if the error gets resolved or not:
- Open the Chrome settings
- hover over the More tools option
- Select Extensions
It will bring you to an Extensions page, where all the installed extensions will be visible. Go through these extensions one by one and press the disable tab for each
We recommend starting this disabling operation with any ad-blocking extensions first., as this may be the most fundamental reason for Err_Cache_Miss Error. After disabling the extension, Try refreshing the browser to see if the issue has been resolved.
4. Resetting the Network Settings
Any malfunction in the network settings also results in the err_cache_miss error code. If the network is the issue, reset your network settings to fix the Err_Cache_Miss Error.
The following are the steps:
- Open the Command Window by clicking on the Windows icon.
- Type “cmd” in the search field
- In the Command Prompt app, select “Run as Administrator.”
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, type the following. Make sure to press Enter after you finish typing each line:
netsh int ip set DNS
netsh winsock reset
Restart the system and try opening a new browser window. The system’s network settings will return to the original default settings, hopefully removing the err_cache_miss error.
5. Resetting the Browser Settings
Sometimes problematic browser settings can bring along the err cache miss error. Therefore, try resetting those settings to see whether the issue gets resolved.
- Go to Settings
- Then select Advanced
- Now press Reset settings
- On the prompt window again, click on the reset settings.
- After resetting, try opening the web page again with your browser to see the status of the error
6. Disabling the Cache System
You will fix the error with at least one of the fixes mentioned above. If the misconception still prevails, then the last solution to try is to disable the cache system.
- For browsers like chrome, you can do it through DevTools. You will find it in the browser’s settings.
- Go to browser settings
- Go to More tools
- Select Developer tools. Make sure you have opened the DevTools on the same browser page that also displays the error message.
- Go to the Network section
- Select Disable Cache
7. Clear the Android Application Cache
If the Err_cache_miss android appears in the Android application, clear the app cache as the last rescue to Err_Cache_Miss Fix Android. The following steps will clear Android or iPhone error:
- First, close your Android application.
- On the Android device, Open the settings option.
- Now go to the application list.
- Find the application for which you want to clear the cache.
- Click on “Storage & cache.”
- Select “Clear cache.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I fix waiting for cache error?
It’s important to understand that this type of problem is usually caused by an outdated or damaged web browser. Thankfully, there are several easy steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
The first step is to try using a different web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If that doesn’t work, then it’s time to update your existing web browser with the latest version available.
This should help solve most issues related to waiting for cache error messages as newer versions of browsers contain bug fixes and other performance improvements that can make them run smoother overall.
Why does Google Chrome keep saying waiting for cache?
This message appears when you attempt to load a page or access certain content, making it difficult to navigate the web. So why does Google Chrome keep saying “waiting for cache”? The answer has to do with how your browser stores data related to your browsing sessions.
When you visit websites, Google Chrome saves pieces of data from those sites known as “cached” or stored copies.
When accessing new information or pages, the browser needs to load this cached data before displaying anything on your screen — and if there’s an issue loading that cached information, then you’ll get stuck on “waiting for cache” indefinitely.
How do I bypass cache in Chrome?
The first step is to open up the browser window and click on ‘View’ followed by ‘Developer’ and then ‘Developer Tools’. Once this opens up, you should be able to see the various tools available at your disposal including the Network tab which is what we need for this task.
Under the Network tab, right click anywhere within the menu bar and select ‘Disable Cache (while DevTools is open)’ from the list of options provided.
After you go through these fixes, solving the err_cache_miss error is no more a problem.
The Err Cache Miss Error is an issue that plagues both Android and Windows users from time to time. To fix this error, the best course of action is to clear your cache and restart your device.
Additionally, if you are using Windows, verify game files and update drivers as necessary. It is also important to keep your device updated with the latest version of its operating system.
Lastly, if all else fails, reach out to customer support for help.