Kik is one of the most popular messengers for iPhone and Android users. But can you use Kik on your Windows devices as well?
Yes, you can.
You can also use Kik on your Mac laptop. It takes only a few minutes to install Kik for PC. I have shared some tips on how to use Kik on Windows computers.
- Kik for PC: Special Features
- Unparallel Chatting Experience
- You Can Use the Internet Without Leaving Kik
- Privacy is not a concern anymore
- Simple and easy interface
- Retrieve Old Conversations
- Resume the Conversation
- Customization Option
- Allow Group Chats
- Video Chats
- Invite Friends and Start Chatting
- Send Multimedia Messages
- Kik Code Feature
- Chat with Bots
- Methods for Installing Kik for PC
- Kik Sign Up on Bluestacks
- Install And Emulator
- Install Kik on PC
- How to download kik whith playstore and gmail account?
- Kik For PC FAQs
Kik for PC: Special Features
Besides Whatsapp and Skype errors, Kik is another way to connect with friends. And one of the reasons why people install Kik for PC is that it supports anonymous chatting. However, there are other reasons you should also use Kik for chatting with your friends.
Unparallel Chatting Experience
Kik comes with various unique features to make chatting more interesting and fun. You will want to ditch other apps after using Kik.
You Can Use the Internet Without Leaving Kik
When you are chatting with someone on the Kik app or Kik for PC, and you need to surf the internet, you can do that without leaving Kik. If you use Kik on your computer, you won’t have to use your proxy browser to search the internet. You can use the in-built browsing feature to search for anything on Google.
Privacy is not a concern anymore
Privacy is the most important thing you can ever wish for from an app. You won’t have to worry about your privacy or security when you use this chatting app on your device. Also, the app allows you to change your username and set up a new account on Kik. You can even block Kik users you find boring on both the app and Kik for PC.
Simple and easy interface
You won’t have to ask anyone how to use Kik for PC. Once you install the application, you will instinctively learn how to use it.
Retrieve Old Conversations
You can use the history feature to retrieve old conversations on Kik. With this facility, you can see other chat messages you cannot find in the current chat window. This is another reason why most people use Kik these days.
Resume the Conversation
With Kik, you can always start your conversation from where you left. Pick up your chat and continue writing them back with ease.
You can customize your chat window, how the chat messages look, and more with Kik’s customization feature. You can set various themes, individual ringtones for contacts, etc. This app prioritizes your favorite contacts by allowing you to do certain things.
Allow Group Chats
On Kik, you can add contacts and create a group to start chatting with them all. You can name the group and send files, photos, emojis, etc. Either create a group and start adding people to it or find other groups and join them.
You can do video calls with your friends on Kik. And for that, you won’t have to use any other video calling apps like Skype or FaceTime.
Invite Friends and Start Chatting
You can invite your friends to message with you on Kik. Invite them through email, texts, or social media.
You can set notification tones for individual contacts and every time they message you, it will appear on your notification bar.
Send Multimedia Messages
Not only text messages, via Kik, but you can also send photos, videos, emojis, GIFs, sketches, and so on.
Kik Code Feature
You can find your own unique Kik code from the settings tab. This code helps you find people who are also using messenger. Suppose you want to find someone on Kik; use their Kik code from the search option and message that person.
Chat with Bots
Chat with a bot if you don’t find any friends on Kik to start a conversation. You can play games with them, access the latest news, and so on.
Methods for Installing Kik for PC
There is no chrome extension for Kik and no Windows app as well. However, you can still use Kik for PC Windows 10 like Android phones. There are two ways you can do that:
- Use an Android emulator
- Or use Playstore to install Kik
Kik Sign Up on Bluestacks
Android emulators make your computer suitable for Android apps. It is software that runs Android applications on Mac and Windows computers. And when we talk about the best Android emulator, Bluestacks comes to our list. But there is another Android emulator that you can use.
Bluestacks: Bluestacks is available for both Windows and Mac computers. Bluestacks comes with a great user-friendly interface, and it is free, it also works perfectly.
Android: Android has some fantastic features and is also an ideal option. You can install Kik with this emulator.
Install And Emulator
You will have to download an emulator and then install that on your computer to start using Kik. Here I have included steps to help you in the process.
- After downloading an emulator, go to the folder where you will find the installation package of Bluestacks
- Double-click on the .exe file
- An installation wizard will appear on-screen that will help you in the process
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process
After installing the emulator, run it on your PC.
- A desktop icon will appear on your Windows/Mac
- Click on the icon to launch it
- Or go to your start menu and type Bluestacks (or the emulator name) and locate the program
- Launch the emulator
After launching the emulator on your system, download the Kik .apk file on your computer. This file won’t support on your PC unless you run it with Bluestacks.
Install Kik on PC
Now that you have installed Bluestacks and downloaded Kik on your computer, it’s time to install the messenger. Here are the simple steps provided:
- Locate the Kik .apk file on your disk drive
- Double-click on the Kik APK file and your Bluestacks will open the thing for you
Some users reported that double-clicking does not open the messenger instantly. This can be the case when your chosen emulator does not work. So, to help you in that case, I have provided the below steps:
- Right-click on the Kik ask file and select Open With
- Now a new window will appear on your screen where you will be able to select the program you want to open Kik with
- Now select the emulator and click on OK
Now you will be able to use Kik successfully and start chatting with your friends from your computer. However, if the process is troublesome to you, try out the next method.
How to download kik whith playstore and gmail account?
Just like the Google Playstore you have on your Android smartphone, Bluestacks has the same option. You can sign in to your Google account and use Google Playstore on Bluestacks to install Kik. Here is the process:
You can download the kik app without playstore and Gmail account by following the process.
- Go to the: https://seotoolscentre.com/apk-downloader
- Enter the app name in the search box e.g “Kik Messanger“.
- Then click the “submit” button.
- You will see a list of apps to download like this.
- Download your required app from the list and import it to the emulator.
Or You can skip the above steps and directly install it from the Bluestacks by following the below steps.
- Open Bluestacks or Andyroid
- Go to Playstore (make sure you are signed in to your Gmail account on Bluestacks)
- Type Kik in the search box
- Let the emulator install the thing on your system
- Launch Kik on Bluestacks and start chatting with friends when the installation is over.
However, if you don’t want to use an emulator because it takes up a lot of disk space, you can use Manymo. It is a web-based emulator that does not require any installation. All you have to do is open a browser and start using Kik from Manymo.
Kik For PC FAQs
Does Kik for pc without Bluestacks work?
Does Kik for pc without Bluestacks work?
Is Bluestacks safe?
Is Kik safe to use?
Kik for PC is an excellent way of chatting with friends. And there is no need to use it on your mobile phone only. If you want, you can refer to these methods to download Kik messenger on your PC in an easy way. And to use these steps, you won’t even have to be a tech-savvy person. However, if any error occurs your way, you can tell us in the comment section below.