Keeping your system up-to-date is critical, but update difficulties sometimes arise that prohibit you from doing so. The Download Error – 0x800f0805 Windows 11 is one example. Because these vulnerabilities are highly robust, they can emerge on any version of Windows and have different identification codes. It is most commonly found in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
The update operation cannot be completed at this moment, as indicated by the occurrence of the download error-0x800f0805 windows 11. This issue might have been caused by misconfigured or damaged Windows corrupt system files.
Here are the possible causes and fixes for the download error-0x800f0805 windows 11.
Causes For Download Error – 0x800f0805 Windows 11
The following are the causes of this error code 0x800f0805;
- The 0x800f0805 Windows update error can appear due to corrupted windows files, services that aren’t running, or third-party apps.
- Repairing your installation with the Wufix file is the most straightforward solution.
- But before this, uninstall your antivirus software, as it might interfere with the update.
How To Fix Download Error – 0x800f0805 Windows 11?
The following are the easiest ways to fix windows update error 0x800f0805:
1. Create a Wufix.bat File
This Microsoft-created miracle file will execute the SFC and DISM scans and block the Windows Update service, forcing the update download to install. After that, the Windows Update problem 0x800f0805 will be resolved.
Press Windows, type notepad, and open the first result.
Copy and paste the following commands:
- SC config trusted installer start=auto
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop msiserver
- net stop cryptsvc
- cd %windir%
- Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- cd %windir%\System32
- Ren Catroot2 Catroot2.old
- dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
- dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
- dism / online cleanup image restores health
- dism / Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
- Sfc scannow
- Then select File.
- Name the file wufix.bat and save it in the desktop folder.
- Right-click the Wufix file on your Desktop and select Run as administrator. Reboot your PC once the process is done.
2. Reset Update Services
For the update installation to be successful, four services must be operational. Furthermore, all updates are saved in a single location so that they may be installed later. Suppose you still face any window not responding errors or windows update issues. In that case, you can always reset the services to ensure they operate and compel the system to establish a new folder to store updates.
3. Make Sure That The Necessary Services Are Running
For this, follow the given steps to fix the problem;
- Press Windows key + R and enter services.MSC. Press Enter or click OK on the command prompt section.
- Locate Background Intelligent Transfer Service
- Right-click it and choose Start or Restart from the menu.
- Now right-click Windows Update and click on the Start button. The Windows Update download error 0x800f0805 will be solved.
4. Reset Your PC
This is the step you follow in every error code Err_Cache_Miss Error, and for this, follow the steps given below;
- Press Windows + I, then go to System and search for a reset PC.
- Click the Reset PC button.
- Select the Keep my files option.
- Select the Cloud download option, click Next, then Reset to proceed with the resetting process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Microsoft download error 0x80080005?
Microsoft download error 0x80080005 is an issue that can occur when a user attempts to install or update Microsoft software. This issue can cause the downloading process to stop and prevent software installation. It is important to identify and understand this error to take steps toward resolving it.
When these errors occur, users may experience messages such as “Windows Update Error 0x80070057” or “The application was unable to start correctly” when attempting to install the software. In some cases, users may have difficulty accessing affected folders or documents due to a lack of permission from their computer’s system administrator.
What is 0x80080005 Windows Update failed?
0x80080005 Windows Update failed is an error code indicating a problem installing a Microsoft Windows update. This issue may occur when installing a service pack, security patch, or other updates for your computer. It can also occur if your device has corrupted files, registry errors, or other system issues.
If this doesn’t work, you may need to reinstall all available Windows Updates or manually install them from Microsoft’s website.
How do I fix the Microsoft Download error?
First, try downloading again with a different browser or device. If it doesn’t work the first time, sometimes just trying again will do the trick.
Additionally, ensure that all your security software is up to date and not blocking your download.
Finally, check your internet connection status to see if there’s an issue there that could be causing the problem as well.
We have discussed all the potential options to fix the download error – 0x800f0805 windows 11. However, before heading over to a particular fix, it is important to understand the nature and causes of the error. Once you follow this approach, fixing any error is no big deal.
Relevant Guides And Tips
- Fixed: Failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes [9 Ways]
- Fixed: SQL Developer Not Responding in Windows 10 [A Quick Guide]
- How To Fix “DNS Server Not Responding” On Windows? [10 Methods]