Are you trying to figure out the Avast SafePrice extension on your computer? Wondering whether it is safe or a malicious virus that can harm your system? I have answers to all your questions related to Avast SafePrice. Let’s find out details about this browser extension and how to remove it from your computer to improve your browsing experience.
What do you know about this Avast SafePrice Plugin?
Avast SafePrice is a browser add-on that comes without a cost and it is an Avast product. Many users like to keep it on their computer to access various new offers, prices, deals, coupons, and so on for your online shopping experience. There are many reasons why people like to keep it on their web browser. Here go the most common reasons-
- You can view the best affordable price for the product you are looking to buy online
- It offers various coupons and discounts to boost your online shopping experience
- You get to see various amazing online shopping deals and discounts
- You save a lot of money
- When you are shopping for anything, it disappears automatically
- It installs automatically on your browser
Due to these significant reasons, many people still keep this plugin on their browsers. And some ignore the matter that it can be intrusive for your online privacy. But that is not the fact, actually.
What is the best use of Avast SafePrice Plugin?
If you have never seen this browser extension before, then you probably don’t know how to use it properly. No worries, here I have given some tips that will help you make the best use of this browser plugin.
- You don’t have to do anything to install this plugin on your browser. When you install Avast antivirus, this comes along with it. No matter what browser you are using, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox, it supports them all.
- If you install the SafeZone browser, you will technically find this add-on because it comes in-built.
- When you visit your favorite online shopping store, you can use it
- Search for the item that you want to purchase
- And this plugin will automatically show you the best prices, deals, discounts, and coupons
- Choose a deal that suits you the best
- Now the plug-in will take you to the shopping page where you will find the same item with the discounted price
- Enter your payment details and complete the purchase
That’s all you have to do to make the best use of this Avast SafePrice browser add-on.
What Coverage Do You Get From SafePrice?
Avast SafePrice has been here for some days only. Hence, you cannot expect it to supports every online shop. It offers deals and discounts from the selected stores only and in the future, it will support more online shops. In general, the plugin offers price comparison and deals for your selected product. In case it is not offering any deals at all, then the reasons can be various including:
- You are already viewing the lowest price of the product
- The item comes with an extended delivery period
- You are looking for an out-of-stock item
- SafePrice has no idea about the item you are searching for
- The online store you are using does not support SafePrice at all.
How to Get Avast SafePrice Plugin?
There are two easy ways to get this plugin on your computer:
- When you install Avast Antivirus, the plugin comes with it
- When you install Avast Safezone browser, it comes in-built
Even when you update your Avast antivirus software, the update includes the particular plugin. You don’t manually or intentionally install it on your computer. When you are installing the software as you click on the Next button, it adds up to your browser automatically.
Can Avast SafePrice Be A Virus?
Users panic when they see this plugin in their browsers simply because they have never installed it. However, the fact is, it is not a virus. But if you think it is, then better be safe than suffer. Use your trusted antivirus software to get rid of this add-on and also scan your whole PC.
Users sometimes also report that this browser plugin interrupts your browsing experience. It shows adds, steals your data and browsing info. If you are too worried about your privacy, then you can easily remove this plugin from your computer. Basically, these are the common things it does to your browser when enabled.
- It can change your default search engine (e.g Google, Bing, etc)
- Also can change your default homepage
- Can modify the browser’s tab settings
- Auto-updates Avast software
- Stores publisher cookies on your system
- Changes default error page
- Shows annoying pop-up ads
How Can I Get Rid of the Avast SafePrice Add-On?
I won’t encourage or discourage you to remove Avast SafePrice from your browser. But if you think it is causing problems with your privacy, you can do it. Here I have included the complete removal guide of Avast Safeprice browser add-on. Depending on the internet browser you are using, you can find the method that will be the most suitable for you.
Remove SafePrice from Windows
When you install Avast, the antivirus may install the plugin on your computer without you knowing. You can remove the add-on from your control panel and the process is easy. You can remove it in the same way you remove an installed program on your computer. Here are the steps you need to follow to take it out from your computer.
- Hit the Start button
- Find the Control Panel and open it
- Then locate the Apps & Features section within the Control Panel
- You can alternatively visit Start > Settings > System to find Apps & Features from Windows 10
- Click on the SafePrice plugin and select Uninstall
- Then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the rest of the process
Remove SafePrice from Mozilla Firefox
By applying the previous method, you can remove the add-on from your computer. But to remove it from your browser, you need to use different methods. These steps will tell you how to remove it from Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Menu>Add-on Firefox
- From the add-ons section, click on the Avast SafePrice extension
- Next to its name, there is the Remove option
- Wait while the process is no
- Then restart Firefox
Remove SafePrice from Chrome
When you are using Google Chrome, you can follow these steps to get rid of the browser add-on.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner on Chrome
- Locate More Tools and click on it
- Here you will be able to view the extensions you have installed on your browser
- When you click on it, it will open the Chrome Extensions page
- Or simply go to Chrome://extensions
- And search for SafePrice
- Click on the extension
- Click on the delete icon and remove the plugin from your browser
- Then restart Chrome
Remove SafePrice from Internet Explorer
Many people use Internet Explorer these days and if you are one of them, follow these steps to get the SafePrice out from your browser.
- From the upper right-hand side, click on Tools
- There would be a Manage add-ons option
- Click on it
- Now find the addon
- Click on it and select Disable
- Wait while the process is on
- Then restart your browser
You have successfully removed the extension from your browser by following the method. But you will have to set your browser back to normal because the extension has modified some settings in it. And to get it back, you will have to reset your browser.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click on the horizontal lines in the top-right corner on Chrome
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and find Advanced Settings
- Click on the option to expand it
- Go to Reset Settings option
- Click and wait
- Then restart your browser
- Go to Menu from the top-right
- Open Help
- Click on Troubleshooting Information or you can also open a new tab in Firefox and type and enter about: support
- Click on Refresh Firefox
- Then restart your browser
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon from the top-right corner
- Select Options.
- Under the tab, select Internet Options.
- From the new dialogue box, click on “Advanced” tab.
- Click on the Reset button.
- Select further options in the dialogue box.
- And select “Delete Personal Settings”.
- Restart your browser.
If you think that SafePrice is invading your privacy, then this is the best you can do to get rid of it. This method will help you remove SafePrice from Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. And the next time you update the Avast Antivirus, make sure not to include this intruder again.