Akamai NetSession Client interface is a download booster by Microsoft for enhanced download experience. It is not an inbuilt feature that comes in all the Microsoft devices, so you have to download Akamai NetSession Client from the official site of Microsoft. It is a secure and efficient booster mostly used to download Autodesk software.
What is the Akamai NetSession client?
Akamai NetSession Client is a downloading booster tool that is used to increase downloading speed of some files. It works like any other system application. It may appear like a virus or a trojan file.
Akamai NetSession Client Interface is a tool that helps you enjoy faster, more reliable application, data and media downloads from a variety of sources. The NetSession Client Interface is installed with your permission and can be removed at any time.There is actually no need to remove Akamai NetSession Client Interface as it protects our data and monitors network performance. Sometimes manufacturer may include the Akamai NetSession Client in your BIOS update.
The Akamai NeSession client is quite a useful tool that helps with the following-
- It can complete the downloads with less time than other download boosters
- Secure and more reliable downloads on user demand
- The Akamai NeSession client supports SSL and HTTPS
- Faster download from the specific companies especially that associated with Microsoft
- Akamai NetSession client is used to download Autodesk software.
- Akamai NetSession Client offers interruption free service
Is Akamai NetSession client a virus?
NO, the Akamai NetSession Client is not a virus or malware of any kind. It mostly comes with popular software applications, computer games, and Adobe Products as an add-on or perquisite. In case your antivirus or Windows defender continuously pops up that Akamai NetSession Client as a virus then there must be a major bug in your device from unknown sources. You can uninstall Akamai Netsession client as per your wish. Also, this tool does not share your private information and is highly secure.
Where is it installed on my system?
Akamai NetSession client is installed as the system application on your system. So, It is not available in the control panels. This download application runs in the background on your system, of you want to see the application, you need to open the task manager and where you can locate Akamai NetSession client. You can download this booster from the Microsoft site as well, in case it is not availabe on your system.
For the Mac User
If you are a MAC user, visit the system preference window to view this application
Akamai NetSession client Interface – Should you remove the application from your system?
It is not a virus or nor a trojan file. So there is no need to uninstall the software application. Removing the application, can slow down the downloading for you, as Akamai NetSession client offers you enhanced download experience. Also, it might affect some system applications.
Many companies like Adobe, Absolut, Airbnb and 5 miles have used these applications to improve the user experience.
How to stop Akamai NetSession?
You need to follow these simple steps to stop the Akamai NetSession-
For Windows –
- Open Control panel, by simply searching it on the search bar
- Open Preference tab
- Locate the NetSession application
- Click on the ‘Stop’ button to end the services
- If you want to restart the application, follow the above steps, and click the ‘Start’ button.
Note:- The above mentioned steps do not stop the services permanently. If you want to stop this application permanently, you have to uninstall the software application.
How to uninstall the Akamai NetSession?
There are two different methods of uninstalling Akamai NetSession interface namely using the Uninstaller Program and the command prompt .
Method 1: Using the Uninstaller Program
For Windows system
- Open control panel
- Then, go to the ‘Add or Remove program’ tool
- Now, Find the Akamai Net session Programs and click on it
- After that, click on the ‘change/remove’ button
- Now, click on the ‘Yes’ button and give permission to uninstalling process
- Finally, Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
- After completing the uninstall process, restart your Windows system
For the Mac System:-
- Go to the finder tool and open it
- Now, locate the NetSession interface
- Then, visit the container folder of the application
- Now, you can see the Uninstaller application with other files
- After that, double click on the Uninstaller app
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the Un-installation process.
2nd method:- Using the command prompt
- Press Windows button from your keyboard or click the start menu button from your desktop
- Open the search bar and type ‘CMD’ or type ‘Command prompt’
- In next, open the command prompt application
- Next, using the DOS command go to the Akamai NetSession folder
- Now follow these commands
You have to type this command ‘ admintool.exe uninstall-force’ then click on the enter button
In the end, wait for a few seconds to complete the uninstall process
For Mac Machine
- Firstly, Go to Applications
- After that, click on the Utility folder to open it
- Now, Double click on the ‘Terminal’
- Navigate the Akamai NetSession installation folder to open it (Generally, it placed at ~Application/Akamai
- Now, using your keyboard, you have to type this command (./admintoll uninstall-force) and click Return Key
- In the end, wait for a few seconds to complete the uninstall process
Does Netflix use Akamai? Yes, infact Akamai has been a Netflix content distribution network partner since 2010.
Does Microsoft use Akamai technologies? Yes, Microsoft and Akamai have a longstanding relationship. Only last year, Akamai expanded its partnership with Microsoft Azure.
How to disable Akamai? The Windows control panel/ system preferences extension provides you an easy way to manage NetSession functions, such as starting or stopping its service.
Is Akamai NetSession Client necessary? It is totally safe to keep Akamai NetSession Client on your computer and it is up to you if you want to keep it or remove it. The company provides an easy option to remove it if you don’t want it on your computer.
If you are worried that it might be harmful malware or threat to your computer, you need not worry because:-
-It is not spyware, malware, or other intrusive software.
-It is not a security threat and does not view or share any private data on your machine.
Akamai NetSession client is used globally by renowned MNCs for providing quality and effective download and streaming experience. However, to gain access to the experience you need to download and install the Akamai NetSession in your system. It is secure and reliable above all it does not mine your data .