Is the Instup.exe Application Error on Windows 10 getting on your nerve lately? Then before it can hamper more of your work, let’s get rid of it immediately.
Don’t worry, it will not cause any trouble that you already have now. But if you leave the error untreated for so long, it can slow down your system and your work performance. That’s why we are here with some comprehensive tips to help you get rid of the Instup.exe Application Error. Read on!
What is InstUp.exe?
The InstUp.exe is related to Avast antivirus software and is a genuine file to deal with. This executable file can also be a malicious thing when created by a hacker. That means malware or other types of viruses can disguise itself as InstUp.exe.
While Avast is a leading antivirus program that protects your computer against viruses and malicious activities, a fake InstUp.exe file can cause troubles. The executable file runs the antivirus on your PC to check for the software updates. When your computer is running the installer, you can easily find it in your Task Manager window. Sometimes the InstUp.exe causes too much high CPU usage on your computer and it slows you down.
It causes an effect on some genuine Windows applications like control panel, System registry setting, Firewall security. And then it also changes your system registry that causes your system to boot up. If the executable file belongs to a virus family, then it would corrupt your other system files. It can corrupt your image files, videos, games, documents, etc. And when you try to open these infected files, the “instup.exe application error,” comes up.
How Serious is the “instup.exe Application Error”?
If the file is related to a virus, then it can be quite serious. Cybercriminals use these types of files to steal your private information for their illegal way of income. It can also delete your important files from your computer. Hence, it is important for you to get rid of it quickly. Many applications cause different types of error messages appearing on your system. And all of them can be related to the instup file. There are a few common error messages that users mostly report.
- Instup.exe application error
- Cannot find instup.exe
- Instup.exe failed
When you try to open your infected files, these error messages show up. There are some ways your system gets infected by these viruses.
- Maybe you have downloaded a freeware program from the internet where this malicious thing was
- If you are using a pirated application then its update can include these types of viruses
- When you visit infected adult sites, these viruses can get into your computer
- Also, through an infected external device, your system can get this virus.
You don’t need to worry about all these points if you have installed Avast antivirus on your machine. Because you would know that it is a part of the security software. But if you don’t use Avast or you can’t find this service on your Task Manager, then the chance is, it’s a virus. And in that case, you need helpful tips to fix the instup.exe high CPU usage on your PC.
How Do I Stop the Instup.exe 100% CPU Usage?
If you are running Avast Antivirus, then follow these steps-
- Click on Settings inside Avast
- Click on Troubleshooting option
- Uncheck the box next to Avast self-defense module
- Then open File Explorer on your computer
- Visit C:\ drive > ProgramData > AVAST Software > Persistent Data > Avast > Logs
- Here, delete the Update log file
After the steps are done, restart your computer and see if the instup.exe is still running or not. If this does not help you solve the problem, then let’s follow some other methods.
Uninstall InstUp.exe from Your PC
To do that, you will have to boot your computer in safe mode-
- When you restart your computer, press F8 button until the Windows Advanced Option shows up
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” along with using the arrow and Enter
- Then you will have to eliminate InstUp.exe from your browsers and to do that, open your browser first
- Go to tools from the menu and click on Extension
- Select the InstUp.exe associated extensions and move them to trash to remove them completely
- Then to reset your browser, go to Settings, click on Show Advanced Settings
- Then click on the Reset Settings button
- You will also have to kill the InstUp.exe process in your Task Manager, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the Task Manager Window and on the Process tab, you will find the running processes
- Find the instup process and right-click on it. Choose End
- You will also have to uninstall InstUp.exe from your Control panel
- Open your Control panel, click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find the InstUp.exe and erase it permanently
You can also do that from your Widows Registry editor, follow these steps-
- Press Windows+R to open the Run box
- Type regedit in it and press OK
- Search for InstUp.exe and delete it forever
Scan Your PC for Viruses
If what I said earlier didn’t help you with the InstUp.exe problem, then this is another solution you can do. Scan your PC for possible malware or other types of viruses. Use whatever antivirus you are running, even if it is Avast, scan your PC with it. This will help you eliminate the malware from your computer and fix the instup.exe problem. And after that, restart your computer to check if that solves the problem.
Fix from Windows Registry
- Open the command prompt window by pressing CTRL+Shift together
- Click on Yes when it asks for your permission
- In the black box, type “regedit” and press Enter
- Then, click on Instup.exe
- Go to the File menu and click on Export
- When you are in the Export Range box, click on “Selected Brand”
- Click Save to create a backup of the .exe file on the same computer (in case it is needed)
Update Your Windows
Sometimes leaving your Windows outdated causes a lot of troubles. So, in that case, you need to make sure your Windows is up-to-date.
- Hit the Start button and type Update
- A new window will appear with all the available Windows updates
- If there is any update available, click on Install Updates
- Wait for your computer to finish the process and then restart your machine
Even after performing this process, the InstUp.exe high CPU usage keeps on appearing, move to the next method.
Use Windows System Restore
Restore your computer to the point where you were not seeing the error. And this method will undo all the changes you have made in the past few days. Your computer will go back to the point where the instup.exe was not present. However, you will require to access the Windows Installer in this method. Here are the steps you should follow-
- First, insert your Windows Installer disc or a boot disc
- Then restart your machine and boot from the disc you just inserted
- The message “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” should appear, do as it says
- Select your language, time, and keyboard method
- Click on Repair
- Select where your Windows installation is. This is probably your computer’s C:\ drive
- Click Next
- Go to System Recovery Option and then select System restore
- Follow the on-screen instructions to find a restore point
- And then restore your computer by clicking on Finish
- Wait for it till the operation is complete and restart your computer
Use your Windows System File Checker
To find corrupted and damaged files, follow these steps. This can as well remove any virus from your computer. Simply follow these steps on your Windows System File Checker-
- Launch Command prompt from the Windows Start menu
- Open it with the administrator access. You can alternatively press ctrl + shift together
- Type sfc/scannow in the black window and press Enter
- Now the command prompt will scan your system for possible viruses and that would also include instup.exe related files
- When it completes the process, close the window and restart your computer
If you follow these methods and steps properly on your computer, then you will be able to fix the Instup.exe error. However, if that does not happen, if you keep on experiencing the same issue then you might look into it. Contact a professional for serious technical support.
Read More- Kik For PC: Users Guide to Installation