Microsoft Word is a part of the Microsoft Office suite that includes a word processing program. Word enables users to create documents, including letters, resumes, and reports. In addition, Word offers features such as spell check and grammar check.
If you’ve ever been in the middle of typing up a document in Microsoft Word only to have the program suddenly not respond, you’re not alone.
Microsoft Word Not Responding is a standard error that can be frustrating and time-consuming. But there are some things you can do to try and fix the problem of “Microsoft Word Not Responding.”
You are working on a long, important document, and Microsoft Word Not Responding suddenly freezes. You dont want to close the program, but What to do?
Use the “Not Responding” troubleshooting guide to fix the “Microsoft Word Not Responding” error!
- Why Microsoft Word Not Responding Reasons?
- How to Fix; When Microsoft Word Not Responding?
- Method #1: Disable Add-ins
- Method #2: Disabling Antivirus Software
- Method #3: Repairing Microsoft Office
- Method #4: Launching Word in Safe Mode
- Method #5: By Changing the Default Printer
- Method #6 By Using The Microsofts Fixit Tool
Why Microsoft Word Not Responding Reasons?
There are a few reasons that may cause Microsoft Word to stop responding.
One reason is that there are too many open programs running at the same time. This can cause your computer to slow down and make it difficult for Microsoft Word to function correctly.
Another reason may be that your computer’s memory is full. When this happens, your computer has difficulty processing information, and Microsoft Word may not be able to function correctly.
Lastly, a virus or malware infection can cause Microsoft Word to stop responding.
How to Fix; When Microsoft Word Not Responding?
If your Microsoft Word is not responding, there are several things you can do to try to fix the problem of “Microsoft Word Not Responding.”
Method #1: Disable Add-ins
If you’re having trouble with Microsoft Word not responding, one possible fix is to disable your add-ins. Add-ins can be responsible for Word crashes and slow performance. To disable your add-ins:
1. Open Microsoft Word and click on the “FILE” option.
2. Click on the “Options” button.
3. After clicking on the options button, click on the “Adds-in” option
4. Now, on the last click on the Date (XML).
5. Lastly, Click on the OK button.
6. Now, the issue has been solved.
Method #2: Disabling Antivirus Software
Antivirus software is an excellent tool for keeping your computer safe from viruses, but it can also cause problems. If you’re having trouble with Microsoft Word not responding, you may need to disable your antivirus software. Here’s how:
- Open the antivirus software and look for an option to disable or turn off the program.
- You may consult the software’s documentation or website for instructions if there is no obvious option.
- Once the antivirus software is disabled, open Microsoft Word again. You may need to restart your computer if it still doesn’t work.
Remember that disabling your antivirus software leaves your computer vulnerable to attack, so only do this as a last resort. Also, re-enable the antivirus software as soon as possible after troubleshooting is complete.
Method #3: Repairing Microsoft Office
If your version of Microsoft Office is giving you trouble, don’t despair. You can do a few things to solve the “Microsoft Word Not Responding” issue.
1. Press “Window Plus R.“
2. Enter the Command “appwiz.cpl.”
3. After adding the Press the “ENTER Button.”
4. All the different installed applications on your computer will be listed. Search for Word.
5. Right-click it and select the “Change” button.
6. Click on “Repair” and the “Continue” Button.
After this, restart your Computer A lot of chance that “Microsoft Word Not Responding” will be solved.
Method #4: Launching Word in Safe Mode
If you’re having trouble with Microsoft Word not responding, you can try launching it in safe mode. This can help if there’s a problem with an add-in or extension that’s causing the issue.
1. Press the “Window And S” keys at a time. And enter the “Microsoft Word.“
2. Press the “CTRL” and click on “Microsoft Word.” It will be launched in safe mode.
After launching the Word document, begin your work and frequently monitor to see if Word is functioning as desired. You may also want to restart if these steps do not work on your computer.
Method #5: By Changing the Default Printer
If you are having trouble with Microsoft Word not responding, one potential fix is to change the default printer.
1. This can be done by going into the Control Panel and selecting “Devices and Printers.”
2. Find the printer you want to make the default and right-click on it.
3. Select Set as Default Printer from the drop-down menu.
After changing the default printer, try opening Microsoft Word again. If it still does not respond, there are a few other things that you can try, such as uninstalling and reinstalling the program or running a repair on it. You may also want to check for updates for Microsoft Word or your operating system.
Method #6 By Using The Microsofts Fixit Tool
When Microsoft Word isn’t responding, it can be a frustrating experience. Luckily, Microsoft has a Fixit solution that can help resolve the issue.
To use the Fixit solution, first go to the Microsoft Support page. Then, click on the “Download” button for the Fixit tool. Once the tool is downloaded, run it and follow the instructions.
The Fixit solution has helped many people fix their Word issues. However, other options exist if it doesn’t work for you, such as uninstalling and reinstalling Word or running a virus scan. If every method does not work, reinstall Microsoft Word to solve this problem.
In conclusion, if your Microsoft Word is not responding, you can try a few overhead motions in the article to fix the issue. If Microsoft Word doesn’t work, try opening Word in Safe Mode. If neither of those works, uninstall and then reinstall Microsoft Word.