Though Windows 10 is now ruling the world, many people still prefer using Windows 8. The main thing about this Windows version is its features and easy-to-use interface. Even there are several Windows phone models where you get to run the Windows 8 operating system. Hence, it shows you how popular this OS is nowadays. But to use the operating system on your computer, you have to activate it using a Windows 8 product key.
Windows 8 Unique Features
Though Windows 10 has kicked in and ruling the digital world, Windows 8 is still popular. There are many reasons why people like to use Windows 8. Here are the highlighted features-
- Windows 8 is easy to use
- It comes with Metro style
- Attractive desktop tiles
- SkyDrive integration
- Fast boot
- Split-screen application
- The updated app search function
- Live synching system
- In-built X-box gaming
- Faster and updated Internet Explorer
- Upgraded Windows Firewall
Developers developed Windows 8 as the next-generation Windows OS. Due to its interactive tiles and user-friendly interface, many users still choose Windows 8 over other Windows versions. Moreover, Windows 8 also looks better than the previous Windows versions. Microsoft has introduced the new metro style tiled interface in Windows 8. And it has become the most appealing style of all time. Even Windows 10 uses the same style interface which also made the version popular and most successful.
How to Install Windows 8
Users who are using Windows 7 on their computer, are able to upgrade the version to Windows 8. However, you have to make sure that you are using a genuine Windows copy. If you can’t upgrade it to Windows 8, then, you will have to purchase the Windows 8 copy and license. When you purchase the copy of Windows 8, the Windows 8 Pro activation key will come along with the receipt.
If you are able to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8 Professional, here is the process of doing it-
- Open and run the Windows Upgrade Assistant on your computer
- It will help the upgrade assistant to determine your computer’s hardware
- If the wizard thinks that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, they will ask you to download the updated files
- The process will take some moments to download and install the files on your computer.
If you are unable to upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 8, then you have the following option left.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and purchase Windows 8 installation package
- Install the product on your PC
- Activate the product using the product key you got during purchase
- You can buy a computer with Windows 8 preinstalled
- Collect a free Windows 8 copy and activate it using a free Windows 8 activation key.
Windows 8 Product Key
If you are running Windows 8 on your computer but you haven’t activated the subscription yet, then I will show you how to do it using a product key. A serial key is important because it offers so many features and without it, you cannot enjoy those special functions of Windows. The Windows 8 product key looks like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX which comes with the DVD or purchased receipt in your email.
In case you are unable to find your product key, you can use the Windows key finder program. It will help you retrieve the lost Windows product key.
Here we have provided some working Windows 8 product keys that will help you activate your Windows for free. No matter what version of Windows 8 you are using, it can be Windows 8 Professional or Windows 8 Ultimate, these keys are 100% reliable.
Windows 8 Product Keys for Free
How to Activate Windows With a Free Serial Key
Windows 8 has some premium features that you can only unlock after activating it with a serial key. Here I have provided the steps to help you activate your Windows 8-
- Open Properties: First, find My Computer and then right-click on it
- Search for the Windows Activate Now option and here you have to enter the 25-character code
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- You can use the serial number you have purchased from your retailer or from the online store. Or you can select one of the product keys we have listed here.
- After activating your Windows, restart your computer.
All of the Windows keys given here are effective and working. However, they won’t be in use after already being used for once. So, I suggest you come back again to find new working keys. We update our database on a daily basis, so, you will find different product keys regularly.
Activate Windows Without a Product Key
If you have not purchased a product key, or can’t make any of the mentioned keys work for you, these steps will be helpful.
- Go to http://bit.ly/windows8txt
- Here you will find some unique code language. Copy the code and paste it in the notepad
- Then go to File and save the document and rename it with “Windows8.cmd”
- And then click on the newly saved file and run it as administrator
What If I Don’t Get a Windows 8 Product Key?
If you are really looking to install Windows 8 on your computer, you will definitely need a genuine Windows product key. You can install the product on your computer but without a valid Windows product key, you won’t be able to activate it. So, the process will go in vain, totally.
But since we have already provided you with some free product keys, these scenarios won’t happen to you. Sometimes users also use Windows with a generic key and that does not involve activating the product. But, this has a limitation which is you cannot use most of the Windows 8 features. If you can’t use any of these product keys, come back again because we always have some new ones!
There is various software available on the internet that help you generate free working Windows product keys. Such software is EZ-activator that produces genuine and working Product keys. But you don’t need to install it as you can get working serial keys from the list given in this post. If you encounter a problem, let us know in the comment box below.
Read More 6 Easy Ways to Install Exodus Kodi Add-On