Windows 10 is by far the best ever operating system that Microsoft has offered us with. With Cortona on Desktop, Universal Apps, Project Spartan Browser and improved multitasking Windows 10 has a long list of improved features. But to get these amazing attributes onboard, registering your operating system with Windows 10 Product key is a must.
Wondering, how to get Windows 10 Activation key for free?
We have the solution right here! Scroll through and learn how to register Windows 10 for free.
Windows 10 Key Features
We are going to offer you a free Windows 10 Product key for sure, but before that, let’s have a glimpse of some of the key features of the operating system. Here are the key features that make Windows 10 more usable and comprehensive,
- Improved interface and easy to use
- Windows 10 comes with an in-built Windows Store feature which is an app library, works with your Microsoft account
- Comes with the in-built Microsoft Virtual Assistant, Cortana
- Speedy and smooth
- Safe and provides improved security
- You can create multiple virtual desktops on the same device
- The enhanced “Action and Notification Center” makes your Windows 10 diagnosing easier
Requirements for Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro
No matter which version of Windows you are using currently, you can always upgrade it to Windows 10. Half of the Windows users are doing it because Windows 10 offers more stability, enhanced security, and functionalities. Moreover, Windows 10 is the smoothest Windows version. Even if you are using Windows Vista, you can still upgrade that to Windows 10 and register that with Windows 10 product key. Upgrading your operating system comes with a few requirements but, nevertheless, it is easy and simple. Have a look at the hardware requirements for upgrading your computer to Windows 10-
- At least 2 GB RAM
- 1GHz or above processor
- 16 GB free memory storage
- Compatible graphics card
If you think your system meets these requirements, then I will tell you how to upgrade your windows in the next section.
Upgrading to Windows 10
If your Windows version is legal and working, then it won’t take much time to upgrade it to Windows 10. So, here are the important steps-
- Open Control Panel
- The open System & Security from the Control Panel components
- Click on the Windows Update option
- Click on “Upgrade this PC now.”
- Now Windows will show you the license agreement page where you will have to accept the terms and conditions
- Now the new Windows installation will begin
- You will now have to follow the instructions given in the Windows Installation wizard and the process will start shortly
- Microsoft now downloads a huge pile of files from the server to your system. And to perform the whole process successfully, you need to use a stable and high-speed internet connection.
About Windows 10 Product Keys
In the case of an upgrading process, you won’t need a product key. If you are a genuine Windows user, then Microsoft will allow a free upgrade to your Windows version. If you are using Windows 7 or 8 right now, then you won’t require an activation key to migrate your Windows version to 10. But if you are using a pirated version of Windows 7, then you need to enter a valid product key. If you install Windows for the first time, then you will have to enter a product key. If you don’t upgrade or update your Windows, they will have to use your current operating system with fewer features.
Reasons you Need a Valid Windows 10 Product Key
If you can’t collect a genuine serial number, then these following things are likely to happen.
- A pop-up will come up, again and again, asking you to upgrade/activate Windows immediately
- Your Windows version will come with limitations if you don’t update your version
- The Automatic Windows updates feature won’t work anymore
- You can’t install new programs from the Windows Store
- Some Windows programs and features won’t work properly
- Windows 10 themes sometimes don’t work if you don’t update Windows 10
- The virtual Desktop feature also does not work sometimes
- Even if you use the latest version of Windows without a serial code, you will be unable to use many Windows features
If you want to use all the Windows features without any interruption, you need to activate it ASAP with a valid activation key.
Where Can You Find a Valid Windows 10 Product Key?
The Windows 10 activation key is a set of 25-character string that looks like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX. The known and safest way to get this key is by purchasing a copy of Windows 10. And once you sign in to your Microsoft account, they will send the activation key to your inbox. But if you buy Windows from a local dealer, you will find the serial number at the back of your retail box.
When you buy a laptop that has already Windows installed, you will find the serial number in the packaging. However, if you are already using Windows 7/8, you don’t need a specific product key to upgrade it to Windows 10.
Free Windows Product Keys
However, you need to purchase a copy of Windows to get a valid Windows 10 product key. Otherwise, you can use one of these 100% working serial numbers for Free!
How to Activate Windows 10 with an Activation Key?
If you have a valid Windows product keys, then these methods will help you activate your version of Windows. Of course, with a valid product key.
Method 1-use the SLUI Utility
- Open Run by pressing the Windows + R keys together
- Type SLUI in the run box
- Now a new activation wizard will appear where you will have to enter your product key
- Enter your genuine Product key and click on the “Next” button
Windows will now verify your product key and then your Windows version will be updated. If this method does not work, let’s find out another working method.
Method 2- from the Settings Interface
You can also visit your Settings Interface to activate your Windows. Here are the steps-
- Press Windows Key + I together to open Windows Settings
- Open “Update and Security.”
- Go to the left navigation menu and click on “Activation.”
- Click on “Change Product Key” and click on “Activate”
Microsoft’s servers will now verify your copy of subscription and if the product key genuine, your system will be activated. Moreover, if you are unable to activate your Windows, then try out another product key (if you have any). Sometimes due to system compatibility issues, you may not be able to unlock all the OS features.
What to do if the Windows 10 Product Keys Don’t Work
Due to various reasons, your activation code may not work for you. This can be due to corrupt files, incompatible Windows architecture (x86 vs x64), pirated Windows version, or invalid registry entries. You can try a few solutions to activate your product without a glitch.
- Install Microsoft Tool Kit that will help you activate your Windows 10 even using a product key
- Then visit the “Downloads” folder on your computer and run the installation file you downloaded from www.microsoft-toolkit.com/
- Now a new interface will appear where you have to select the “Activate Windows 10 without a product key” option
- Click on it and another screen will appear
- Click on “EZ Activator” and wait sometimes
- Then reboot your computer
These steps will help you activate your Windows without a product key. But if there is a problem, check your internet connection and try again.
If you encounter any issue during the process of activating Windows, just drop a comment below and we will help you out.
Read More How to Get Free IDM Serial Number