The full form of IDM is Internet Download Manager and it lets you download full HD videos on your Windows computer. When you have watched one of your favorite music videos and want to download it on your computer, you can use the free IDM software, using IDM serial key and IDM serial number. However, IDM for Windows needs a IDM serial number to let you download movies or videos.
Services of IDM for Windows
Regardless of the type of operating system, you are using, IDM with IDM serial number and key works on all the operating systems be it Windows XP, 7, Vista, 8, 8.1, 10, etc. The unique service of IDM is that it lets the users save, resume, and manage the downloads. Based on your internet connection, you can avail of the fastest downloading speed. With IDM serial number, you can avail the unique services of IDM:
Set Priority Downloads
You can set priority downloads with this app. You can also play your downloads file while they are still being downloaded.
Manage Your Downloads
With the Internet Download Manager, you can manage your videos as per their status. You can view the downloading progress of those videos and can also manage them offline.
Download Videos from YouTube
YouTube does not come with an option to let you download videos directly on your device. If you want to download videos from YouTube, then use IDM for that purpose.
Batch Download Supported
If you want your downloads faster and smoother, you can let IDM separate the downloads into multiple streams. IDM uses internet protocols like FTP, HTTPS, MMS HTTP, and Microsoft ISA, etc..
Moreover, IDM also provides you with a batch download option. You can also use the auto-manual updating feature for download addresses.
Important IDM Features
Following are the important IDM features that you can avail using IDM serial number which makes it one of the successful download managers for Windows-
- You can easily use your internet browsers to download videos. Use Chrome, Firefox, Opera Mini, Internet Explorer, or more.
- You can download videos from any website
- The drag and drop option will help you arrange your files and set them as priority downloads
- Recover your lost downloads
- You can preview your downloads as ZIP and HTTPS
- It comes with an in-built virus scanning system
- Great downloading speed
- Windows 10 supported
How does IDM work on your PC?
You have to download and install IDM on your computer and let it communicate with your web browser. When you install IDM, it will install some add-ons on your browser. These add-ons will help the Downloader accessing video links which you can view or download on your browser.
When IDM finds a video link, it opens up a download window where you can download the content to your computer. Just click on the right option to start your download process. IDM uses multiple channels to start downloading videos and it takes less time.
How to begin downloading with IDM?
If you don’t buy the pro version of the downloading tool, it can put your computer at risk of getting infected by viruses. However, if you are willing to use a free key for IDM, we have a list for you. When you purchase the full version of IDM, you receive a free serial key along with it. And that key is unique and helpful in activating your IDM tool. If you have downloaded and install the free version of IDM, then use one of the keys given below.
These keys are free and genuine and will help you activate your IDM tool on your Windows 10. The activated IDM helps you access to all the premium features anytime from your device.
How to Go Pro on IDM and Download at the Fastest Speed?
Pro users enjoy faster downloading speed in IDM and give you access to various features. Here is the procedure on how to use the pro version of IDM.
- Go to your settings window of IDM and open Configuration.
- You will have to change your LAN speed to 10mbps and BPS to 10000000
- If your browser does not support IDM, then you can manually add a download link where the tool can download the video for you
- Go to “Add URL” and enter the link
- You can schedule your download and download one file in one go
- It would make your downloading faster and you can download many files from your IDM tool
- The Grabber feature is helpful for downloading content from all website
Alternatives to IDM for Mac
Unfortunately, only Windows users can use IDM to download video content. Mac users certainly cannot install IDM on their devices but like IDM, there are similar apps that help you download videos on your Mac computer. And while you are searching for an IDM alternative, use Folx on your Mac device. Though Folx is not as popular and best as IDM, it works on Mac devices anyway. Here are some of the best features you can enjoy-
- You can pause and resume your downloads
- You can also fix your broken downloading content
- There is a simple and easy downloads control option
- Also, you can split your downloading into two sections for high-speed downloading
- Use the tags option to manage your downloads
- You can preview incomplete downloads while they are still in the progress of the download
Do IDM serial numbers have letters?
Yes, serial number IDM has letters too, along with numbers. The IDM serial numbers are alphanumeric.
How can I use IDM in Chrome?
- For Chrome you have to enable the “Use advanced browser integration” option in “Options->General” IDM dialog. Then check that integration into Chrome is also enabled.
- If IDM shows some error, when you try to enable advanced browser integration, please read this instruction.
- Also, integration may not work when the browser is launched in Admin mode. This can happen not only if you do this intentionally but when you launch Chrome from some intermediary program like Total Commander that is launched in Admin mode or if you use some portable version with a custom launcher.
- Maybe you or some program on your computer deleted the IDM extension from Chrome or you have some old version of the extension. You need to install the latest version of the IDM extension.
- If you already added an IDM extension into Chrome you need to configure it correctly. To do this press on the Chrome menu, select the “More tools” menu item, and then select the “Extensions” tab. Then press the “Details” option for the IDM extension.
- You need to check that the “IDM Integration Module” extension is enabled. If you use incognito mode in Chrome, you need to enable the “Allow in incognito” checkbox.
- Please note that some security applications may block plug-in folders in Chrome. For example, such problems are confirmed with AdwCleaner. You need to add an IDM in the exception list in such applications.
- Also maybe there is some conflict with other extensions for Chrome. Please try to disable all extensions besides IDM in Chrome “Settings->Extensions” dialog and look if the problem persists. Some standalone applications like pop-up blockers also may cause this. For example, there is confirmation of such conflict with the Ad Muncher application. If you have such applications try to exit or uninstall them.
Is IDM safe?
Yes, it’s completely safe to use IDM Serial Number.
How can I update my IDM to the latest version?
IDM checks for newer releases on its home site once per week and suggests updating when a new version becomes available. Quick Update dialog asks if you want to update showing all enhancements of the new version and the date of the new release. You can also check for a newer version by selecting ‘Update item’ in the Help menu.
How can I remove IDM from Google Chrome?
Remove it from Windows and then check (Computer > Uninstall/ change a program > uninstall IDM). If you have added the Chrome extension, please remove it from the Chrome extension list (Chrome menu > More tools > Extensions).
What does a serial number do?
A serial number allows you to download movies or videos.
Is IDM worth buying?
Yes, it’s better to buy IDM if you download videos regularly.
Why is IDM not working on Chrome?
After the latest Chrome 72 release, Chrome has restricted adding and integrating IDM extensions to Chrome by default.
How much is an IDM license?
It costs around ₹2500. Check the latest price on Amazon. And it costs roughly around $30 in the USA.
When you are looking for a downloading manager app, use the best one. IDM is the best downloading manager for Windows that lets you browse through billions of content online. You can almost download from any website and it automatically communicates with your browser to download the content for you. Moreover, it comes with a very simple to use interface that makes it the top video downloader for Windows.