Microsoft Outlook [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error code is quite common. This error can happen for a wide range of reasons. From installation errors to files getting corrupted, there can be many reasons for this error.
If you are facing the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] or error [pii_email_a5e6d5396b5a104efdde] and you don’t know how to solve it, then this guide is for you.
In this article, we’ll tell you all you need to know about this weird MS Outlook error and some proven ways you can get rid of it.
Let’s get straight into it
What is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]?
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular platforms for sending and receiving emails. It is extensively used by individuals as well as businesses for doing their everyday communication.
Although MS Outlook doesn’t create a lot of problems for you, you’d still sometimes be faced with the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error.
This error indicates that MS Outlook is not working properly. You won’t be able to send or receive emails and the app would simply shut down.
Why Does [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Occur?
You need to use the MS email server to send and receive the emails. If you try to access the server and your PC fails to establish the connection to it through SSL, then you’d get the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error.
If any of the SSL or the TLS encryptions fail to work properly, you’d have to face this error.
When the error occurs, the MS outlook app would crash. It won’t respond and the rest of the speed of your computer will also get affected.
How to Fix [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]?
There are a lot of methods you can use to fix this MS Outlook error. We have rounded up the best solutions for you as we have already covered the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error previously so that you don’t have to look anywhere else for ways to solve this error.
Here are the best methods to fix pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Error in Outlook
Method 1. SMTP & Pop Server Setting Reconfiguration
- Open MS Outlook App
- Go to the File Option and then Choose Info and then Account Settings
- Find the Manage Profiles Options
- From the Mail Setup box, choose the Email Accounts Tab
- Choose the email account that you are using and double click on it
- Click on the More Settings button
- Test the outgoing server setting
- It should be My SMTP
- After that, go to the Advanced Tab
- Now, you need to test the IMAP and SMTP server port quantity settings
- Set the IMAP as 993 and SMTP as 465
- Now, test the encrypted connection and it should be SSL/TLS.
Restart the MS Outlook. It should fix the problem for you.
Method 2. SCANPST.exe to Repair PST Docs
The SCANPST is a useful application that helps you repair PST documents. Corrupted PST docs sometimes cause the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error code. This app fixes the corrupted files and restores them so that the problem doesn’t happen anymore.
- Open the Windows Explorer
- Go to the search bar and enter the address for the Microsoft Office installation folder
- You can also directly search for the SCANPST.exe software
- Run the app
- You can go through the PST records to find and restore the files
- Now, choose the location where you want to save the docs
- Click on the Repair button to start the process
This solution works 90% of the time. If the problem persists, use the below method
Method 3. Repairing from Control Panel
Sometimes, the app just gets corrupted because of a virus on your computer. You can fix that by repairing the MS outlook app from the control panel. Here is how you can do that
- Go to the Control Panel
- Choose the Uninstall option
- Find and select the MS Outlook App
- Double click on it and choose the Repair Option from the menu
- Follow the instructions on the screen to begin the repair process
Restart MS outlook to see whether the issue is solved or not.
Method 4. Programs and Features Tab
- Go to the Programs and features settings
- Find the MS Outlook App
- Right-click on it and choose the fix option
- Restart the Outlook app to see the effect
Method 5. Test for Duplicate Accounts
- Open the Control Panel
- Find the Mail Settings from there
- Choose the Email Accounts Option
- In the E-mail tab, find the accounts signed into the MS outlook
- Select and remove the duplicate accounts
Method 6. Disable Antivirus
If you have an antivirus installed on your computer, it can also cause the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error code. You need to install the antivirus to make sure that it is not causing any kind of problems for you.
You can choose to disable it, but we recommend uninstalling it for maximum effect.
Method 7. Here is how you can uninstall the antivirus
- Go to the control panel
- Choose the uninstall programs option
- Find the installed antivirus from the list of apps
- Right-click on app and choose to uninstall from the menu
- Go through the options shows to you to completely delete the antivirus
Once you have uninstalled the antivirus, try running the MS outlook app again. The error would be solved.
Method 8. Uninstall & Reinstall
If none of the above-mentioned methods work for you, you need to uninstall the MS Outlook app for windows and download it again. This is the only solution that would work for you.
Go to the control panel of your PC to uninstall the MS Outlook app.
Once you have deleted it, go to the official Microsoft website, and download the official MS outlook app from there. Don’t download the app from 3rd part sources because it can have a lot of viruses that would attack your computer system.
Conclusion: [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error Solved!
There are various ways you can fix the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error code. You just need to know what you are doing. There are a lot of false guides out there that don’t even work.
The solutions that we have talked about here will help you deal with this major MS outlook error. Try out the methods that we have talked about here and if you still have any kind of problems, feel free to reach out to us. We’d be happy to help you out.