How long have you been using Arlo on your smartphone? Well, this time you want to take the fun to the next level! Arlo is a useful app for those who use security cameras in their house and at work. Using this type of apps helps you access and monitor your camera even from afar. So why would you be limited to using it on your Android only? Of course, you can use Arlo from your Windows computer. But for that, you will have to read this entire post and find out tips. Let’s find out details about the Arlo app for pc.
What Do You Know About Arlo for PC?
Arlo is a smartphone app developed by NETGEAR that helps you take control over the chronicles of the P2P camera. With Arlo, you can easily change camera mode, access camera feed, monitor your house or office real-time remotely, and much more. This camera application requires to access your wifi network to perform correctly on your device. This app also comes with a motion detector. That means, when it senses any movement inside the footage, it will inform you immediately. Moreover, you can also screenshot your footages and manage multiple DVRs without any issue. With Arlo, users can easily manage their IPC and DVR accounts with the IPZ control.
Though the camera application is available primarily for smartphone users, you can perform several tricks to use it on your Windows computer. We will talk about how to download and use Arlo on PC. But before that, it is important to know about all its main features.
What Are the Main Benefits of Using Arlo app for PC?
These features are not the limited functions of Arlo. In fact, the company is constantly updating and improving itself to betterment your user-experience.
- Video monitoring feature with audio and motion detection
- A great free application for Arlo camera users
- You get a premium grade camera and access clear audio and video pictures with it
- Arlo app helps you set up multiple Arlo apps in one go
- The advanced audio detection instantly informs you when it hears a loud noise in your home
- Every time a new activity happens in front of your camera, the app informs you about it
- You can easily install Arlo on your smartphone
- It comes with a great casual user-interface to help you operate your cameras easily
- High-quality video and audios
- You can easily keep an eye on your house and office even when you are away
Apart from these features, Arlo has added some new features to the application. Let’s have a look at what new they are offering now.
- You can chat with Arlo customer service team to clear your doubts about their products
- You can capture a screenshot of your live video footages
- Better video recommendation options will appear on-screen when you live stream your videos
- Not even for living things, Arlo can detect motions of objects as well
- IPC managing system available into the automation
- DVR auto support feature along with custom functions have been made optional or not needed at all
- The IPZ feature pushes away settings issues
- Video quality is available in HD up to 1080 screen resolution
- If you switch it to the pro version, there are many other features available for you.
How to Download Arlo App on Pc?
Downloading and installing Arlo on smartphones is easy. You just have to go to your app store and download and install the application. However, when you are trying to download an Android application on your Windows computer, the process is a little difficult. You will have to make your Windows computer a suitable place for Android apps. Since the developer has not made any Arlo desktop version yet, it is the best you can do. And to install Arlo on your computer or laptop, you will have to install an emulator first.
An android emulator is a tool that makes your computer a suitable place for Android applications. And after installing this tool on your PC, you can easily install any Android application you want. However, you will have to pick the right emulator that would support your system.
How to Pick an Android Emulator?
When you are looking for emulators, you will find various options on the internet. However, not all of them work like charm. You will have to watch out their users’ reviews, system requirements, speed, and other similar things before installing an emulator. Luckily, you are not going to do that. I have already picked the two most popular Android emulators which are the best currently.
Use Bluestacks for Arlo on PC
The most popular Android emulator out there is BlueStacks. It comes with great speed, fantastic graphics support, and great customization. Many gamers, you will find using this emulator. But you can also run an android app on your Windows with the help of it. That is because viewing videos on a bigger screen of your computer makes access easier. Moreover, BlueStacks comes with a wide range of video shortcuts that help you switch between the feeds easily. Set hotkeys for your cameras. When you press those keys from your keyboard, the video will appear on-screen.
There is a con of using BlueStacks though. And the one and the only downside of this emulator is its ads. You will find some ads creep up on your screen which can be a turn-off. But if you upgrade it to premium, you won’t have to deal with them. Here are the steps you can easily install Arlo with Bluestacks.
- Download Bluestacks from the official website
- Following the on-screen instructions to install the tool on your computer
- Then launch the application and sign in to your Google account
- Open Google Play Store
- After downloading, run the Arlo app on your computer using BlueStacks
Use NoxPlayer for Arlo on PC
NoxPlayers is not as famous as BlueStacks but still a great Android emulator. Many users use this emulator to play Android games on PC. And like BlueStacks, it supports high-quality video streams and audios. When you access your camera on a bigger screen, you are able to view every object more closely. Moreover, you can set up hotkeys to switch between multiple cameras feeds.
Have a look at how to use NoxPlayer to install Arlo on Windows.
- Download NoxPlayer for free from their official website
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your PC
- Sign in to your Google account
- Open Play Store in the app
- Search for Arlo in the Playstore
- Install and launch the application
How Does Arlo Perform on PC?
Arlo app runs smoothly on smartphones, making it easy-to-use to the users so that they can manage their cameras. Moreover, with Arlo installed on your computer, you won’t have to worry about poor video quality. Furthermore, it works even better on a bigger screen. Here are the things you can do with the Arlo on PC-
Link Multiple Cameras
The most important feature of this app is its ability to add multiple cameras. When you are using it on your computer, this feature works the best. On your small smartphone screen, you may not be able to view all the feeds at once. But larger screens provide better support for this feature. You can easily add the cameras and the videos too pop up fast.
Motion and Audio Alert
It detects the motion of an object or persons and also alerts you of noise. Everything something happens, it shows you a notification even on your laptop. Though some users complained not receiving a notification on their PC, it happened rarely.
Set an Alarm
When you see someone entering your door, you can set off an alarm and let the person know that you are keeping an eye on them. Your camera will produce a sound that will either scare the intruder away or encourage him that he is not alone in the house.
Moreover, with Arlo on desktop, you can record videos and audios to access them later. This feature works great both on Android and on computers. Even, you can set up a doorbell from the camera that works well with the Arlo app.
All of these features of Arlo work well on both of the device platforms. And once you connect it with your PC, it works more efficiently. With just a few simple steps, you can easily enjoy its features on your computer. In case you know any other way to install Arlo app for pc, let us know in the comment box below.